A cute little DIY witch’s broom can be a unique favor or part of your Halloween decor — whichever you choose. I made these a few years back for some of my special trick-or-treater’s. I thought I would share it with you all. I think I found it in Martha Stewart’s Halloween ideas and it’s very simple and Halloween-ish.
- 2 – paper lunch bags
- twine or hemp
- candy for filling treat bags or paper & a few rocks for filling Halloween decor
- small stick or twig
1.Cut down the four corners of one of your lunch bags. Cut until you reach the bottom/base rectangle. Don’t cut into the base.
2. Now, cut each of the 4 sections into small strips as shown below.
3. Take your 2nd lunch bag and cut about 1½” down from the top on all sides.
4. Fill it with the candy or rocks and paper.
5. Set the 2nd bag on top of the first bag.
6. Insert the stick or twig into the bag. Gather the cut strips from the first bag and the solid sides of the second bag around the stick. Wrap twine or hemp around it once and tie in a knot making sure to leave a tail on the end.
*Hint – using a stick long enough to go to the bottom and still stick out enough to look good will help with the balance.
7. Wrap twine around the first band multiple times to create about an 1″ to 1½” band. This serves as the connection of the broom head to the broom handle. Tie off using the tail from the knot you made. Cut excess at the ends.
TaaaaDaaa! A Witch’s Broom treat bag or Halloween decor for your home.